Best ways to utilize Business Solutions
Businesses these days are opting for Business Solutions which help in driving effectiveness in various business operations. The fields that these solutions traverse include Finance, HR, Sales, Data Management, Operations etc. There are various business solutions that are provided by Business solutions companies which cater to these business requirements. Therefore, it is imperative that one analyses the various options that are available and chooses the solution which is optimal for his business.
Identifying the best ways to utilize the business solutions requires a good understanding on:
- The operations of the business and the necessity to use a business solution.
- The features and workings of the Business solutions.
Understanding of these two aspects is complementary to each other – best solutions for business can be developed only when there is good understanding of the business operations. Similarly, understanding of the features and the workings of a solution is needed to be able to ascertain if the solution is optimum to the business operations.
Before we look at identifying different ways of optimally using the Business solutions, it is important that we understand what a Business solution is. Along with it, it is also important to understand the role played by a Business analyst or a Business Consultant and the different business consulting services that are offered in general by the consulting firms.
What is a business solution?
Business solution as a term has varied definitions which are mainly based on the view point of the consumer who utilizes the Business solutions. However, there are 4 aspects which define a business solution.
- The customer for whom the business solution is being developed.
- The operations carried out by the customer
- The purpose of carrying out a specific operation
- The challenges faced by customer in carrying out a specific operation.
Any solution developed by any business consulting services need to consider these four important aspects.
In simpler terms, business solutions help the customers to implement solutions in their operations in order to achieve efficiency in various aspects like accuracy, compliance, timeliness etc. Organizations – both small firms and large MNCs are in lookout for consulting firms who would be able to provide solutions for their business operations. India is emerging as a leader in providing business solutions for various firms across the globe, with many of the IT consulting companies providing cost effective and reliable IT consulting services in developing these solutions for businesses.
TIARA TECH is one such IT consulting companies providing services all over the world and has a wide ranging portfolio of service offerings for customers spread across different aspects of business operations like procurement, customer association management, supply chain supervision etc.
The solutions offered by the Business consulting firms vary and are customized as per the specific requirements of the customers. As described earlier, the solution developed is dependent on the nature of the business operation and the challenge that the firms are looking at overcoming by adopting a business solution. Hence it is important that these consulting companies analyze the actual requirement of the customer and develop solutions specific to the needs. The role of a Business consultant becomes important in the whole process.
Role of a Business Consultant / Business Analyst:
A business consultant plays a very important role in providing unique business solutions. The role of the business analyst in industries has expanded significantly since the past few years. The Information technology is playing a key role in business and as a result a large number of business organizations, are now turning to hire the services of trained business development consultants or analysts. In fact such consultants help the organizations to better understand the entire business operations and guide them in running their company efficiently.
A competent business consultant will conduct an initial, unbiased evaluation of the company or its specific part and will eventually give a report that suggests solutions and remedies for the problem areas. The main aim of having such business analytics is to help the companies, both large and small, to improve their efficiency, productivity as well as profitability.
A business development consultant offers a fresh and a broader perspective to the problems. Depending on the specific situation, the business analyst may require a few days, weeks or even a few months to do a complete evaluation. Any analyst needs to follow a particular process in developing a business solution.
Process of Developing a Business Solution
A Business Analyst or a consultant follows a particular process in developing a business solution as per the needs of the customers. IT consulting companies follow this process to ensure that the requirement of the customer is duly understood and a solution is being developed which would address the operational issues faced by them and help to drive efficiency in the process. In general, the process consists of six stages – Planning stage, Analysis, designing a solution, developing a solution, Testing and maintenance. Each of these stages needs to be properly executed to ensure that the business solution developed is in line with the requirement.
- Planning: It is the first and critical step of developing a business solution as it sets the tone for the whole process cycle. Any of the business solution companies would lay emphasis on this critical stage. An effective plan helps to ascertain the existing process and identify the scope of improvement. It lays out the process which needs to be followed in developing a business solution.
- Analysis: Business Analytics helps to analyze the current state of the business operations. The analysis helps to identify the need of developing a business solution and the impact it would have once the solution is being implemented. The later function is an important aspect of developing a solution as it provides a scope to ascertain the impact of the solution and make any changes if required.
- Design: Once a business analyst is done with the analysis part, the next step would involve coming up with a design of the prospective solution. This is a critical part of IT consulting services and would involve various aspects like selecting the right software, building up the architectural framework for the solution etc
- Development: This is the stage where the actual work happens. Based on the inputs received from the Business Development Consultant, the developers wok on developing a solution. Business solutions companies lay lot of emphasis on this stage as the product to be used is developed. Once the solution is developed, it is implemented in a test scenario which helps to ascertain if the solution is in line with the requirements.
- Testing: In this stage, the solution which is implemented is tested. Business solutions companies use both manual as well as automated tools to test the various test cases to identify any bugs in the software or any discrepancies. A business analyst also utilizes this stage to compare the requirement received and the solution developed.
- Providing Maintenance: Providing a solution does not only involve developing it but also providing the maintenance services along. Consulting firms consider providing maintenance as a key aspect of IT consulting services which differentiates the services between the various Business consulting firms providing the solutions.
These 6 steps are an integral part of the business solution development cycle and help the consulting companies in developing corporate business solutions as well as solutions for smaller organizations.
The need for a Business Consulting Firm and utilizing it:
The whole process of developing a business solution starts with identifying the need to have a solution in place. Many organizations go about with their regular operations, not realizing the need to have a solution which could help improve the process. It is generally in the wake of a problem that most organizations look at business solutions which would address the issues. There are few organizations who regularly review their process and identify the need for developing business solutions. Various Business Consulting Firms provide consulting services which includes reviewing the operations of the business and coming up with solutions which help the organizations.
Business Consulting companies<